Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Phlogging...

I've been poked and prodded, or some say encouraged, to share my work. So I begin with this phlog, otherwise known as photo blog. I'm sure the phrase has been coined, but in my household of three (the other two being my husband the lineman and our two year old) I'm happy to announce I came up with it first! So here it goes. It feels like a big step. I will share my work with you, whomever you may be.

I'm starting with some portraits I took with some willing participants while in a studio. I took them in black and white. I know a lot of people like to take their digital pics in color than change them to black and white later so they have more options. I prefer to see it as it is in black and white before I take the picture. Maybe it's a skill to be able to take it in color, knowing with confidence the black and white version will be great. But in pictures and in life, I'm not much of a gambler. On the other hand, I'm not afraid of commitment.










It's not often I'm in a studio, so this was a great opportunity. To have access to the professional lighting and equipment was priceless. I had a lot of fun with it. I love taking portraits. People really are my favorite subjects...

No comments:

Post a Comment