Friday, April 19, 2013

Weddings? Yes, please...

Many moons ago I helped out a friend of mine shooting a wedding. When I say many moons ago, I'm talking pre-husband, pre-children, still able to rock a strapless dress. At that time I had no equipment, but was willing and ready to learn. I learned weddings fly by when you're trying to capture all of those amazing moments. They can be a stressful, and you definitely break a sweat-  but I do love a good wedding...

I had so much fun; probably cause I was rocking a strapless dress and no equipment. No matter- I knew I loved it. Mind you, since then I've kind of hesitated at shooting weddings. I've always wanted to do it, but also feel I needed to be more prepared mentally, equipment wise, and have more experience in order to do it justice. Weddings are major and it matters to me.

Recently I had an amazing opportunity to second shoot a wedding with the extremely talented Teri Kramer of tarte :: photography. I was thrilled to be there, to capture such an amazing day. The couple was married at a beautiful church in Montecito, CA, Our Lady of Mount Carmel Catholic Church.
The venue was gorgeous. Directly after the ceremony we drove to a private estate in Santa Barbara to take more photos. I had an amazing day, with an amazing couple, and an amazing partner. (Did I mention it was totally amazing!?!)

I've been waiting to share the photos with you all. Wanted to make sure the bride and groom got them first. :) I'm only sharing photos I've taken and edited. Miss Teri has another batch of deliciousness herself!
Next wedding in September...can't wait!










 














No comments:

Post a Comment